Remus Way Children’s Centre believes that the early childhood years are the most important of a child’s life and form the foundation for lifelong learning.
We provide rich learning experiences for our children in a nurturing, enriching environment supported by skilled, knowledgeable and passionate Educators who value our families and the community.
In relation to Children we:
• Advocating for the rights and interests of young children
• Provide a safe and secure environment promoting resilience, a sense of belonging and self-worth for each child
• Recognise children as competent learners and decision makers, contributing to their own learning environments to foster ongoing learning and development
• Support children to develop a positive self-esteem by developing strong secure attachments and warm, nurturing, trusting relationships and interactions with our children and families
• Provide well planned inclusive play based programs which provide opportunities for children to experiment, discover, explore, create, investigate, practice theories, solve problems and express ideas with the support of other children and educators
• Celebrate children’s play, discoveries and learning through reflection, meaningful documentation including learning stories
In relation to Families we:
• Foster and develop positive relationships with families, enabling us to work collaboratively, supporting the continuity of care, and thus enhancing the child’s wellbeing and progress
• Working in partnership with families to support them in their parenting role, fostering open respectful communication and providing support and information
• Encourage family involvement and participation in our programs and providing the opportunity to volunteer on our committee of management
• Recognising and respecting children and family’s beliefs and values, unique cultures and celebrate differences and diversities
In relation to Educators we:
• Support reflective practice, commit to continuous quality improvement, and support each educator’s ongoing professional and personal development
• Commit to providing a supportive work environment that supports physical health and wellbeing
In relation to Community we:
• Engage in strong partnerships within our neighbouring community
• Foster and develop the children’s sense of belonging within our community
• Celebrate, share, embrace and acknowledge similarities and differences within our community
• Respect, value and acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land in which we build our community
• Aim to achieve a sense of wonder, feeling and belonging to, and love of the land, nature and animals, so that young children will develop lifelong respect as well as positive and proactive attitudes to our environment and a sustainable future
We would like to recognise the traditional owners of this land, the Wurundjeri people, on whose land we build our community.